Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sweet Laxer Loves Dodgers


And after last night's game I dunno why he wouldn't. I was sitting at a sports bar post Up viewing, when the third period of the Penguinos vs. Wings game came to a close. All the TVs flicked to the Dodgers vs. DBags game suddenly, and Randy Wolf proceded to load the bases as I finished my Yuengling. I lost focus of what was going down onscreen, I think I was talking to my companion about the shortcomings of 3D cinema, and I turned back to the screen as BJ Justin Upton was slapping hands with his teammates in the dugout. His first ever grand slam. Randy Wolf was kinda smirking on the mound. Game over.

Or so I thought. This morning I scrolled past the fold on LAT.com to see "Dodgers Rally for 5 in the Eighth." Joy. I was pretty sure we were in the midst of one of those mini-slumps where we lose 3 or 4 series in a row, but with last night's resurgence and with Billingsly on the mound tonight, I have hope, confidence even, that we'll carry the best record in the bigs into July.

Do sweet Laxers really like the dodgers?

1 comment: