Saturday, June 20, 2009


Brutal loss last night, made worse by the way we lost. It's never easy to swallow a come-from-behind loss against a rival. Not to mention my new favorite Dog, Mitch Jones, went 0-2 and got hit by a pitch. I'm not sure why Torre put in Mota over Troncoso and Bellisario in the 8th. I'm assuming he was planning on the game going to extra innings and wanted to have his go-to arms available later on. Or maybe it was because of THIS.

Anyway, I left my house after the game in a bad mood. A buddy of mine and I went to see the band Chief perform in Hollywood. Real solid. As I was entering the venue, some kid came up and explained to me how I ruined his baseball career by hitting so many home runs off him. It was awesome. For sure the highlight of my night. The venue was an abandoned warehouse that had been taken over and refurbished by a theater company. It was pretty cool and the music was excellent.

After the show, my buddy and I stopped in to Los Tacos--a hole in the wall off Santa Monica, for some carne asada tacos. The meat was dry, salty, and overcooked. They tasted more like briscuit tacos, and we were greatly dissapointed, mostly because they looked delicious.

Tonight, the Weaver bros duke it out. Our Weaver hasn't started a game since May 20th and has pitched only 4 innings in June. Their Weaver is a potential All-Star starter. According to their parents, "Jered will pull for Jeff, and Jeff will pull for Jered. That's the way it's always been. One game won't change that". Sure, whatever.

Doom Bizzle

1 comment:

  1. this buddy with no name sounds both mysterious and attractive. And yeah those tacos sucked.

    ReplyDelete