Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MANNY SPEAKS!!!


For the first time since his suspension my man Rambo spoke out about getting the boot for 50 games and his return.

"Whatever happened, that's in the past. I'm coming to play my game and move on. What happened, happened. I spoke to [owner] Frank McCourt, I apologized, I spoke to [manager] Joe Torre, my teammates and I'm ready to move on. I didn't kill nobody, I didn't rape nobody. That's it."

Coming out of anyone else's mouth this might seem disingenuous (read: A-Rod), but I'm convinced Manbone will come back and play as if nothing ever happened. He is too aloof/detached, and his priorities are too skewed, to let the public scrutiny he's sure to recieve outside of Chavez Ravine effect how he carries himself or how he plays the game. I can't think of a player who is more aptly wired to handle the steroid chants in San Francisco, the plastic syringes in San Diego, or new nickenames/catch phrases the Chicago Tribune is going to come up with for him.

Unlike A-Rod, Manny genuinely does not care what anyone thinks about him. He's the furthest thing from media-sensitive, and I'm not at all concerned about his performance on the field once he gets back from suspension.

I, for one, can't wait to see those ratty locks glowing in the pacific sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment