Monday, June 8, 2009

Best Day Ever

Who has two thumbs and had an awesome LA sports experience last night? THIS GUY. My dad got two seats in the dugout club from his agent and, being that my girlfriend is in town from Indiana, gave them up to me and the moogster.

We got to Dodger stadium in 20 minutes. Traffic was a breeze and the hybrid was purring like a kitten. We pulled in to our reserved spot in parking lot G right outside the left field bleachers. After walking through the private shop and martini lounge we got to our seats--literally an arms length from the Phillies' on deck circle. I was about to head back to the lounge to grab a hot dog or four, when our private waiter approached us and asked what we wanted.

"2 Dale Jrs (bud lights), 2 Hot Dogs, and some garlic fries," I told my new friend.

Service was quick and the food was free. When my view wasn't obstructed by Ryan Howard's huge butt--the moogster described it as "phenomenal" and said she'd never seen anything like it--, I could see the pitches break and the plays unfold. Also, apparently I was on TV trying to catch a Jimmy Rollins foul ball--some dork with a glove and a Phillies championship shirt ended up with it. To put it bluntly: it was awesome. My only complaint were the dozen or so Phillies fans who spent all that money just to make everyone else in the section miserable. Every time the Phillies got a hit some d-bag would make it known to everyone within a miles radius that he had "called it". Every time they scored a run, the father-son visitors sitting behind us would stand up and scream "f#@$@# champions" loud enough to force the father sitting in front of me to cover his son's ears.

The game was not so hot. Randy Wolfenstein gave up a couple runs, we fell behind, and we couldn't get back in it. Yeah, yeah, whatever. I sent the moogster into the Martini Lounge every 20 minutes or so to check the Lakers score and text me if my presence was necessary. By the time the game was unfolding it was the 8th inning and the Dodger game was somewhat out of hand.

I stumbled into the Martini Lounge (4 beers deep) with 3 minutes to go in the 4th and the Lakers up 4. We watched the end of regulation and overtime with a ton of passionate, rowdy, drunken Laker fans. The sour taste left from the Dodger game and the Phillies fans was replaced by the sweet nectar of victory.

3 comments:

  1. no nachos? what did the Moogster eat? did you tip the waiter? do you have to have dugout club seats to go into the martini lounge? too many questions. i'm tickled jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want credit for dale jr's even though you misused it. only bud heavy is considered a dale jr. you are soooo not from indiana.

    ReplyDelete