Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Some headlines from the LA Times today:

"Magic turn up heat on Lakers"
"This all seems unfamiliar to the Lakers"
"Kobe Bryant's weariness should make Lakers fans wary"

um.....really? It took the Magic a record setting performance for them to win a game that was tied late in the 4th. If me, my girlfriend, my grandma, my dog, and sammybreeze shot 65%, we could probably beat the Lakers. I don't know if these reporters really believe that the Magic are going to keep that up or they're just trying to hype the series, but the idea that Orlando had some cathartic experience and figured out the Lakers is ridiculous. The bottom line is this: the lakers played crappy and the Magic played the best they could possibly play.

Unfamiliar? What about the Rockets series?

As for Kobe being tired. Of course the dude is tired. Everyone is tired. The Mamba has carried the team on his back for the past 3 weeks. Did these writers forget he had 20 points in the first half and looked like the best player in the world during the first quarter? The Mamba had one bad half. I'd bet my life's savings that he's gonna tear it up on Thursday.

Charles Barkley put it best in his column--yeah he had his own column in The Times-- when he so eloquently said: It was a good game.

Us Angelinos have nothing to worry about. We're not gonna play that bad again and I don't forsee another shooting clinic like that by the Magic.

2 comments:

  1. all very good points, except, you no longer have a grandma. and i kinda doubt you have a life savings either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not with you on this one DB... Magic all the way! I'm back in the blogosphere after my stay courtesy of the KCSD. http://thetingscommittee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete