Saturday, May 23, 2009

I ran into Jeff Van Gundy at the Westin Hotel in Denver this morning. The dude was surprisingly built, and the bags under his eyes are as pronounced in real life as they are on the tube.  I ordered an iced coffee and then asked him for some tickets to the game. He told me he didn't have any and walked away briskly. It was awesome.

I'm now in Grand Junction, still deep in Nugget territory. I've actually got a pretty good feeling about the game tonight. I'm hoping these young nug-jobs become overconfident--much like the Cavs in game 1 of their series--and we get off to a hot start and win by 12. In reality, I don't think Chauncey's gonna let that happen. I'm still convinced that Bynum and Farmar need more minutes, and that Sasha Fierce is a dud.  

I could talk a bunch about Lebron's shot last night, or the Kobe/Lebron debate (which really isn't a debate at all) but I'm tired from the drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment