Monday, May 25, 2009

VIVAAAA LOS LAKERS


Just got into Vegas. All I can think about is a) how sleazy this place is and b) how much it reminds me of the city in "Total Recall". I have no idea how Greg Maddux, or anyone else for that matter, can stand to live here. 

The big guy and I played 18 holes of crappy golf in St. George, Utah earlier today. Let's just say I shot around the temperature (read: around the century mark). I birdied the first hole and then my muscle memory kicked in and reminded me that I suck at golf. Afterwards we hopped in our cars and got some lunch at Roberto's Taco Shop--located in a booth at Fabulous Freddy's Car Wash. It was real delicious/cheap. I began to smile when I realized that the Taco Shop, along with the Liquor store, is probably the most recession-proof institution in America. I also thought of the name Djiboutian Revolution for an afro-funk band. But I digress....

I'm really looking forward to the game tonight--I think we have a good shot at stealing another one in Denver. If we do, it's over. I really like the way Luke Walton guarded Melo, and I hope we see them matched up a little more tonight. Maybe this is a stretch, but I'd also like to see Ariza guard C-Billups. D-Fish looks old and has been ineffective.  If he's not hitting his shots, Phil's gotta sit him on the pine. Also, we've got to feed it into Pau early and often. There was a stretch in game 3 where we gave it to him every posession and good things happened just about every time--Ariza hit a couple threes, Kobe got some open looks, or Pau made the Bird man lay an egg. 

On the Dodger front... I'm not too concerned about us losing the series to the Angels. I am concerned, however, about our inconsistent bullpen. With the exception of Broxton (who's sixth in wins and 3rd in saves in the NL...Takashi who?), our bullpen is pretty weak. I say we trade Xavier Paul or some other young outfielder for some fresh arms. As I'm writing we're spanking the Rockies 16-6 and the bullpen has held the score for two and a half innings, so maybe I'm overreacting. 

That's about it. I'm going to put 20 bucks on the Seahawks winning the NFC and hit the blackjack tables. 

Sunburnt,

Doom Bizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment