Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Casey Blake and the Los Angeles Sisters of Mercy

Well, I've made it to Los Angeles. In fact, I made it in time to catch Vin Scully make one of his brief monologues in the middle of the Rockies/Dodgers broadcast. That guy makes me so happy. 
 
I have nothing new to say about the Blue Crew except this: Casey Blake is the man. I'm sorry I haven't discussed him in an earlier post. I, like the rest of America, wasn't paying attention to him--he's not even among the top 5 three baggers in all star voting. Overshadowed by the newly acquired O-Hud, Manny taking birth control (or whatever), and Billingsly pitching like he's the best starter in the NL, Casey Blake has hit a quiet .308 (2nd on the Dogs) with a team high 8 home runs and 32 RBIs. All this AND he's got the grungiest beard in the NL West. Yet the only publicity he's gotten was due to that "mocking" gesture at the dude on the Giants. The fact is that he's been absolutely pivotal to our success, and he deserves some props outside the Chavez Ravine (where they gave out 20,000 CB bobble heads). So if you see CB around, be sure to buy him a beer and give him a pat on the back. Make sure he knows that we appreciate him. 
 
As far as the Lakers, I'm going to be brief. I think the Big Guy put it best when he said "the lakers just aren't street tough". We veil this truth in thrown elbows and tough-guy looks, but the fact is we're very soft. Granted, Phil's championship teams have always been a little fluffy, with the exception being the Bulls squad with Dennis "The Worm" Rodman, but this laker team has played like entitled, whiney brats this playoff series. I'm hoping someone--I'm looking at you Sasha Fierce--steps up and fouls Jones real hard tonight. Show the Nuggets, and Kobe, that we're not gonna take that stuff. I'm not saying we have to be the Detroit Bad Boys, but we certainly can't be the Los Angeles Sisters of Mercy. 

Still kinda sunburnt,

Doom Bizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment