Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Dodgers, The Lakers, The Tacos

Yeah, yeah, my bad.

Have you heard this one? A 22 year old Vin Scully walks into a bar, the bartender asks "Yo Vin, why the long face?" (see picture below)

Aaaaaaaaanyways, things are good on the west coast. The blue crew is tearing it up, riding an 8 game win streak into their series with the Houston Astros. Ethier is the NL player of the month, leading the league in RBIs and leading the Dogs with 4 round-trippers, and we haven't been forced to sign any 45 year old starting pitchers (read: Pedro Martinez). Other than a brief slip about wanting to play in Cleveland, Manny seems happy and is playing like the Manbone who sparked a city's interest in baseball. As for the Lake Show, what can I say? My boy Ariza stepped up, just as I had hoped he would, and we dismantled a Jazz team that I initially thought could be pretty dangerous.

It's kinda hard to blog about a couple of teams who look like the cream of the crop in their respective leagues. So, I've decided to dedicate this post to my favorite cuisine, tacos.

For my final project at Kenyon College I will be doing a 5-minute presentation on the history of tacos for my Intro Spanish class. I'm thinking that I'll make chicken tacos. Carne Asada is way too much effort and I don't really like ground beef. Aren't Liberal Arts schools, awesome? I want to thank my (our) father for spitting out tons of dough on my education. Without his investment I would never have been able to study tacology, and for that I am thankful.

God Bless and Go Dodgers.

1 comment:

  1. dave, i hope you post your tacology powerpoint presentation here in this blog. there is much to learn i am sure. i'd recommend you include as many animated gif's as possibe ie. proper technique for sprinkling grated queso blanco on a pork taco. god bless tacos.

    ReplyDelete