Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Boston Celtics: Ugliest Team in The NBA


I'm watching the Celtics/Bulls game right now and I've got two observations:

a) With the exception of Jesus Shuttlesworth, the Celtics are by far the ugliest team in the NBA. I'm not talking about their play, but rather their faces. One would be hard pressed to find a more homely collection of basketball players than  Paul Pierce and his pube-ish beard, Glen "Big Baby" Davis, Kendrick Perkins, Rajon Rondo and Brian Scalabrene. The only uglier collection of people in the NBA are the Celtics' Fans. 

b) Ben Gordon is going to make BIG money next year. If Daniel Gibson can collect 5 years and $20.8 Million after his playoff performance two years ago, I'd expect BG to rake in around 4 years and $40 Million next year. 

c) Nothing pisses me off more than Doc Rivers' facetious smirk every time a foul is called on his squad. 

d) The Boston Celtics remind me a lot of the Italian soccer team. They exaggerate their injuries (Peirce in a wheelchair, Rondo being carried off), have weird facial hair, and sweat a lot (watch Perkins at the line). 

No comments:

Post a Comment